August 12, 2010

Getting Prepped

Since I was thinking about it (perhaps a little too much...) I decided to spend the morning gathering everything I need for after Jake's surgery. (Yes, I know it's over a month away but hey, obsessive preparedness is how I deal with stress. That, and excessive soda consumption. I could have worse coping mechanisms.) I got a Bumbo seat for him to sit up in (they already have another seat with a toy tray around it, but even without using his arms, he can lean forward and gnaw on the them.) and a few shirts and onsies that snap down the front. I don't want to be pulling anything over his head. Thank goodness for Kid to Kid stores! We're on a tight budget to begin with, and with the medical stuff coming up, we're trying not to spend anything. My mom is coming up to stay for a few days after the surgery to help me out. I can't afford any of the fancy restraint systems out there, so I'm making my own out of fabric I have stashed away (another coping mechanism actually - buying fabric!) It's really cute though! It has dinosaurs and green fleece on it. We call it Mr. Restrain-y Pants! Actually, that's what I call it. Eric just raises an eyebrow... :) After packing for the hospital,  all that's left to do is get the house clean... hmm, maybe I'm done getting prepared.

It's not a very clear shot, but here is Jake wearing his Mr. Restrain-y Pants (I only have one arm cuff done so far) And, like with everything else, he really doesn't seem to mind all that much.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I've seen the first page of your posts but until today never scrolled onto the next page. I LOVE your Mr. Restrain-y pants. We just finished palate surgery and would have LOVED to have a Mrs. Restrain-y pants for her lip and palate surgery. :) Bummed I didn't see this further. Probably a good thing because I would have bothered you for a pattern or tried to talk you into making us one! lol

    ReplyDelete