August 10, 2010

Eating Better

Boy, it's been a while since I last posted! Things have been real busy, but I'll try to catch up. We've had real success feeding Jake rice cereal with a 3cc open-mouth syringe. (The syringes come from the vet, by the way! Our local vet doesn't even charge us for them. They just gave us a handful and said I can get more if I ever need to.)Now he and Lily are eating about 2 tablespoons of rice a day, along with their bottles. My mother-in-law had given us these cute little bowls for Christmas a few years ago. They're actually sauce bowls and we've used them a lot (my husband's a chef, I certainly don't cook anything fancy enough to necessitate sauce!) But it turns out they're just the right size for baby-feeding right now!

Jake is lagging a little behind Lily as far as weight goes. We figure it's because he burns more calories trying to eat. Also, he puts a lot more energy into crying! Lily is more of a quiet whiner, but when Jake decides to throw a fit, he really goes for it! I'm thinking I might widen the Pigeon nipple openings a little bit and see if that helps. We moved Lily to fast-flow nipples now that she's bigger, so maybe Jake needs the same adjustment.

No comments:

Post a Comment